Motorized self-balancing scooters are fantastic. The joy of riding on a hoverboard is something cannot be expressed in words. No wonder the popularity of devices has grown immensely in recent times. The hoverboards are not only fun to ride, but also they add a certain degree of oomph to the rider. It’s hard not to look cool when riding the hoverboard.
Besides the cool factor, these hoverboards make an active mode of personal transportation, and they are capable of achieving a maximum speed of 10 mph. You can get a fantastic and uninterrupted ride for a maximum of 15 miles at a single charge.
What to look for when buying a hoverboard
- Safety comes first. Make sure you buy a hoverboard that has a UL 2272 license, which is a safety certification by a global safety science organization. If the device is licensed and certified, you can be assured that it will not be vulnerable to battery accidents.
- Look for a seller that provides you money back guarantee for at least 30 days from the date of purchase. You want to make sure that you can return the hoverboard in case you are not satisfied with it. When you purchase the hoverboard through Amazon Prime, you don’t have to worry so much about the return policy.
- Read customer reviews to ensure that the company provides excellent customer service. You should be able to contact a representative if you face any issues with the hoverboard.
- If you want to use the device on rough surfaces and grass, we suggest that you buy a hoverboard that has larger size wheels than the standard 6.5-inch. This wheel below is an 8.5-inch rugged wheel from Offical Halo Rover Hoverboard.
- When you are buying a hoverboard for the first time, make sure it has a good manual mode. You’ll need to learn how to ride the hoverboard as a beginner, and it is critical that you or your loved ones are safe riding it.
- The rider’s weight and height should be considered when buying a hoverboard. Most of them can handle the weight of 20 to 110 kgs (44 lbs to 242 lbs).
If you are planning to buy a hoverboard anytime soon, it is important that you get your homework done. Currently, there are a lot of brands and models available in the hoverboard market, so we have created a list of the top 5 best hoverboards to help you buy the one that meets your requirements. Let’s check them out together.
VEEKO Hoverboard Two-wheel Self-balancing Scooter
This self-balancing scooter comes from Veeko, one of the most sought-after hoverboard companies. In this review, we will find out what makes it so special. The product has a simple design, but it claims to do its job well. It is compact and it can handle a weight of up to 225 lbs.
This fun hoverboard allows you to walk, run, spin and even dance as you please. It meets the UL safety regulations and other requirements to give you a joyful ride.
This scooter comes with amazing controls, which enable beginners to learn how to ride quickly. You need to step on the device, balance yourself and cruise along at a speed of 6 mph. You can enjoy this fun ride around your college, grocery store, or nearby destinations.
It comes equipped with a 350 W dual motors that enable you to climb the slopes, as steep as 15 degrees. So, this device saves you time, money and energy.
- Measures 10.31 x 10.51 x 26.18 inches
- Weighs 22 lbs
- Made from ABS plastic
- Anti-skid tires
- Two 350W motors
- Li-ion 36V 4 Ah battery
- Takes 2-3 hours to charge
- One user manual
- Maximum climb limit is 15 degrees
- Meets UL 2272/2271 safety regulations (overheat protection, speeding protection, low weight protection, low battery protection, slope protection for enhanced security)
- Lightweight scooter allows you to travel conveniently thus saves a lot of money
- The aluminum alloy rims are shock-absorbing and they provide extra durability
- The 10 minutes auto shut function capability helps in boosting the battery life
- The manufacturer stands behind the product and offers a 1-year warranty on products
- It alerts you when you reach the 6 mph limit but allows you to speed beyond that
- The user manual does not come with clear instructions
If you are planning to buy the first hoverboard for your son or daughter, this can be a great choice. This is a cool looking toy at a reasonable price. We like the design and build of this product. It takes only 30 minutes to get fully charged and gives you 2-3 hours of the fun ride. The manufacturer has taken great care to ensure that the scooter meets the safety regulations so that rider has a blast without being exposed to any risks.Buy Now on Amazon
TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed LED Hoverboard for Kids and Adult
This great looking hoverboard comes from the stable of TOMOLOO, a brand that is considered as the trusted leader of balancing scooters manufacturers. These scooters boast the most advanced mainboard program to ensure a stable riding experience. It is UL2272 certified and approved by the CPSC.
The hoverboard allows you to reach a maximum speed of 7.5 miles per hour and attain a maximum climb up to 20-30 degree angles. It comes equipped with 200-watt direct-drive dual motors with the ability to carry the weight of 220 lbs.
This self-balancing scooter is app-controlled, so you can easily set the speed and mode (learning, normal or advanced). As a beginner, you can start with the learning mode and then move on to the next two levels as you gain practice.
The auto shutdown feature of the scooter helps in extending the battery life. You can also enjoy listening to music with a professional stereo speaker as you hover to the various destinations. The LED lights increase the face value of the product and make it look like a super cool gadget. However, you need to download an app to control the lights and music.
- Weighs 20 lbs
- 6.5-inch tires
- Maximum weight limit 220 lbs
- The maximum speed limit is 7.5mph
- Maximum distance is 9.3 miles
- Charge time is 130 minutes
- Bluetooth, Apps, and Lights
- Well-designed hoverboard with cool lights and Bluetooth speakers
- It is UL2272 certified and approved by CPSC for safety and guarantee
- Promises a reliable ride and gives you a maximum 7.5 miles/hour
- Three different modes available to suit your different style
- Easy app control and great Bluetooth music
- Waterproof Cap and Fire-Retardance: PC + Anti-Fire Materials
- Customer support is available 24/7
- Comes all charged up so it’s ready to use out of the box
- The charger that comes with the product is cheap and does not last long
This TOMOLOO hoverboard boasts a cool design, and it is perfect for the beginners. The LED lights and Bluetooth speakers not only make the self-balancing scooter stand out in the crowd but also it makes the ride more entertaining. What we like about the product is that it comes fully charged so you do not have to wait for 2 hours to get the full tank. Thus, it makes a great birthday or Christmas present during the holiday season. At this price, the TOMOLOO hoverboard exceeds our expectations. We highly recommend it.
MegaWheels Hoverboard Self Balance Scooter
When we set our eyes on the MegaWheels Hoverboard Self Balance Scooter we could say that this is a perfect combination of looks and reliability. The manufacturer has paid a lot of attention to the exterior build and design of the product. People of all ages will enjoy riding this glossy and stylish self-balancing scooter.
The scooter boasts a smooth and sleek design. It includes two 350-watt powerful motors with anti-slip pedals to give you a good grip. Whether you are a beginner or a professional looking for a smart looking scooter to zoom around the house or neighborhood, MegaWheels scooter promises hours of fun.
We were impressed to find that the manufacturer has taken the time to ensure the safety of the riders. The product has passed the UL 2272 certification. The batteries and charger are protected from over-discharging and overcharging hazards. It is also explosion-resistant and fire-resistant. The scooter comes in an anti-impact case, and it is water-resistant so splashing water on it will not damage the product.
The MegaWheels scooter boasts a speed of up to 12 kilometers per hour and you can cover a maximum distance of 15-20 kilometers. It allows you to climb slopes that are 25 degrees steep (depend on the weight of the rider).
- Measures 9.88 x 10.12 x 25.71 inches
- 5-inch dual tires
- Maximum weight 110kg
- Anti-slip resistant pedals and tires
- Splashing-resistant device
- 36V lithium-ion battery
- Charging time 3 hours
- Anti-impact case
- Local maintenance service
- One Year Standard Warranty
- Short learning curve, so it’s easy to learn even for kids
- Works right out of the box
- Great design and glossy shine makes it an eye catcher
- Dual motors make hovering smoothly over the slopes and bumps
- It takes 3 hours to charge and lasts for really long
- The product is durable so you get good value for money
- Not smooth when tried on rocky or bumpy road
The MegaWheels Self Balance Scooter is a well-built hoverboard with a stylish appearance. It is reliable, and the battery lasts for really long. The product is ready to use out of the box which means you don’t have to charge it before you can try it on. We love the performance of the scooter, and the safety regulations are high which makes this product worth your money.Buy Now on Amazon
If you are a beginner, we would like to tell you that learning to ride a hoverboard is easy if you have the right scooter with you. For professionals, you can explore your potential to the fullest and perform tricks with ease by choosing the right board.
While all of above are good regarding speed, range, and safety parameters, if we have to pick one, it would be the Halo Rover Hoverboard for its indestructible 8.5-Inch thick tires, app control, and hands-free music. The scooter maintains high standards of safety which makes it one of the best hoverboards in 2018.