Are you ready for a few wobbly tries before you get the ultimate ride of your life? That’s what happens when you get yourself a hoverboard. And Sharper Image UL Certified Hoverboard may be just what you need to show you what this sport is all about.
I love this hoverboard because the brand provides a learning mode which enables almost anyone to partake in this sport that’s taking society by storm.
So now it’s not only the young, fearless ones that can get up and go. If you’re still hesitant, this model will help you learn at your own pace.
What else should you consider when purchasing your hoverboard? These are the most important factors I’ve come across. Afterward, you can read the review to see if Sharper Image UL Certified Hoverboard unit will be taking you from point A to B from now on.
I talk about falling for a reason. It’s a part of hoverboarding experience, especially at the beginning. But the better board you won’t fall as much. This is ideal to save your reputation, but also to protect your kids.
For this you should look out for these aspects:
- UL certification of all parts
- Quality components
- On which surfaces the hoverboard will work
- Lights for safe riding at night, to increase visibility
Apart from safety you also need a user-friendly experience, so don’t forget to consider the followings:
- Battery life so you can have a long ride
- Charging options and time so you can get back at it soon after the battery runs flat
- Additional features such as music playing abilities
- Different modes to optimize your ride, depending on how experienced you are
- Minimum and maximum weight so you know it’s appropriate for the user
- Weight, because you’ll be carrying this to the charging station often
Getting the most out of life—and your hoverboard—is all about knowing the facts. With the right expectation and being prepared your experience will be better.
So how does Sharper Image UL Certified Hoverboard fare in light of your preferences?
Sharper Image UL Certified Hoverboard Review
You’ll love the sleek, minimalistic look of Sharper Image UL Certified Hoverboard. It has a smooth exterior surface and you can pick between matte black & white.
Inside you’ll find technology that enables anyone to get to their destinations in a new unique way, no matter your level of experience.
- So, this is a stylish and smart hoverboard. These technological features enhance your riding:
- An electric gyroscope helps you keep your balance, as it’s designed to keep the board—and therefore your—upright at all times.
- The controls are very intuitive, requiring gentle guidance from your body posture to:
- Move back
- Move forward
- Spin—note: this unit can do 360° spins
The brand ensures your peace of mind bypassing all UL standard checks:
- The unit is UL2272 compliant
- The charger and battery are certified as safe
Let’s look at the specs:
- The minimum weight of 50.6lb is important to note. Small kids using this model won’t have much fun as the unit won’t respond to their light bodies
- With a maximum weight of 220lb, most family members can play along, though individuals with a bigger build can cause damage to the unit
- It weighs 30lb which is heavier than some other similar products. If you know you’re going to carry yours a lot, it’s better to opt for a lighter version
- The battery life allows up to 14.9 miles of travel. This is impressive compared to other models and may justify the higher price tag
And when it comes to riding this hoverboard, it’s mostly self-explanatory. You simply have to know that the power button controls the features:
- Pressing once activates Expert Mode
- A second press turns on Learning Mode
What happens in learning mode? Your turns will be slower, and it won’t activate the unit’s top speed. This allows for more control for the rider.
Other hoverboards may have even more settings, making them user-friendly for different niches. But the fact that there’s a Learning Mode may be enough for most people to get a lot out of this hoverboard.
- Acceptable weight capacity
- Long battery life
- Excellent distance capacity
- Striking aesthetics
- It’s not audio enabled as many other hoverboards in the similar price range are
- High price for a hoverboard that doesn’t play music
- Spare parts—such as replacement chargers—are hard to find
- The wheels aren’t designed for all terrains
This is an excellent basic hoverboard but note that it doesn’t have unique features. And it’s pricey. You’re paying for the great technology inside which will make riding easier. Yes, that’s great. But with no audio, it may not be what you or your kids are after. However, if easy riding is at the top of your list, you’ve found your hoverboard.
Let’s look at some alternative options, so you know you’re picking the right one.
You may want to consider GOTRAX Hoverfly LX, purely because of its impressive rubber tires. They allow you to travel over more surfaces than the Sharper Image model does.
Or what about TOMOLOO? Be prepared to pay almost double the price of the Sharper Image model, and you can get off-road tires & Bluetooth enabled audio features through the built-in speakers.
It all comes down to your preferences. I love Sharper Image UL Certified Hoverboard for its sleek look and that it helped me learn how to ride. And you won’t easily beat the almost 15-mile range. So, it’s worth the money if you’re not particular about listening to music or seeing lights flash while you drive. What’s your priority?