Riding a hoverboard can be an enjoyable hobby for both children and adults, but when it comes to picking out your actual board, it may be practical to take the age of the rider into consideration.
Hoverboards are available in several different sizes, and these different sizes may suit some riders better than others based on factors such as height, weight, and foot size. In general, you can gauge the targeted age for a model based on the board’s wheel size, which tend to be 8-10 inches (roughly 20-26cm) for adults, and 6.5 inches (16.5cm) for children.
The top hoverboards recommended for adult riders are listed below based on motor power, quality of the brand, battery quality, and other stand-out features or capabilities.
In addition, for a general look at some of best hoverboards that have hit the market in the last year, you can take a look at the revies on the homepage of our blog.
Swagtron T6 Off-Road Hoverboard
This durable T6 hoverboard from Swagtron is an impressive model for riders looking to purchase a high-quality, high performance board. Able to handle rougher terrains, your riding experience doesn’t have to be limited to use on a paved driveway or smooth road.
- Brand: Swagtron
- Product dimensions: 10.5 x 25.7 x 10 inches (26.7 x 65.3 x 25.4 cm)
- Weight: 32 lbs. (14.5 kg)
- Tire size: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Maximum weight capacity: up to 420 lbs. (190.5 kg)
- Generous weight capacity and the first hoverboard model with a weight capacity exceeding 250 lbs. (113.4 kg)
- Maximum speed of 12 mph (19 kph)
- Features a battery indicator, LED lights, and turning signals
- Can travel up to 12 miles (19 km) on a single charge
- Bluetooth connectivity capabilities
- May be a bit bulky for smaller adults
Halo Rover Hoverboard
The sturdy hoverboards within Halo Board’s 2018 collection are manufactured using high-quality materials and boast innovative technology and features.
- Brand: Halo Board
- Product dimensions:1 x 8.7 x 27.5 inches (23.11 x 22.1 x 69.85 cm)
- Weight: 22 lbs. (9.98 kg)
- Tire size: 5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Maximum weight capacity: 265 lbs. (120.2 kg)
- Can travel 9-10 miles (14.5-16 km) on a single charge
- Features LED lights and Bluetooth music playback
- Has a smooth ride, even on rougher terrain
- Has a breakable outer casing
Bluefin 6.5″ Classic Swegway Hoverboard
With smaller wheels than some of the other high-quality adult hoverboards, this hoverboard from the high-quality brand, Bluefin, may be suitable for smaller adults as well as teenagers and children.
- Brand: Bluefin
- Product dimensions: 6 x 62.23 x 9 inches (65 x 24.5 x 23 cm)
- Weight: 22 lbs. (10 kg)
- Tire size: 5 inches (16.5cm)
- Maximum weight capacity: 5 lbs. (100 kg)
- Suitable for smaller adults
- Available in several colours
- Has max speed of 6 – 9 mph (10 – 15 kph)
- Includes a carrying bag with purchase
- Features long-life battery (up to 6 hours from a 2-hour charge)
- Features Bluetooth speakers
- Some users have reported being supplied with an unreliable charger