- Best Offroad Hoverboards Currently Available
- Out-of-Stock Offroad Hoverboards to Keep an Eye On
- Offroad Hoverboard Reviews
- Other Questions about Off Road Hoverboards
- The Final Verdict
Off-road hoverboards are the pinnacle of hoverboard technology and design, and are some of the best hoverboards out there.
These self-transportation beasts can handle it all: rough cement, bumps, rocks, grass, mud, sand, and even wet surfaces. You name it, and the best all-terrain hoverboards can handle it, with only a few exceptions (see the end of this article for info on that). They also tend to be faster, able to ride up inclines of up to 30 degrees, and can handle heavier riders.
In order to achieve all of this, offroad hoverboards are usually bigger, heavier, and more robust. They usually come equipped with 8.5″ or even 10″ wheels (as opposed to the usual 6.5″ ones on kids’ hoverboards). To power such machines, dual motors of 250W or more (for a combined power of 500W+) are required.
Of course, all of this power comes at a cost. The best offroad hoverboards also tend to be the most expensive ones out there. Things are changing, though, and in recent times some surprisingly cheap off road hoverboards have hit the market, which I’ll introduce below. And don’t be intimidated by their power; several of these come with child settings and are suitable hoverboards for beginners.
In this article, I’m going to cover five of the best hoverboards for off-roading that are currently available, covering all budgets. So popular are these hoverboards that the best ones are frequently sold out, so I’m also mention the best ones that are currently out of stock, but you should keep an eye out for!
Best Offroad Hoverboards Currently Available
These five off-road hoverboards are in stock today and available for purchase online. I’ve arranged them from most expensive to cheapest at the time of writing. If you love shopping for good deals, also see my guide to the cheapest electric skateboards!
TOMOLOO Hoverboard Off Road with Bluetooth and LED Lights, 8.5” All Terrain Hoverboards for Kids and Adults with APP Control, UL2272 Certified Two-Wheels Electric Self Balancing Scooter Hover Board
EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board – UL2272 Certified, All-Terrain 8.5” Alloy Wheel, 400W Dual-Motor, LG Battery, Board Hover Tough Road Condition [Classic Series, Space Grey]
Gyroor Hoverboard Off Road All Terrian 6.5″ Two-Wheel G11 Flash LED Light Self Balancing Hoverboards with Bluetooth Music Speaker
Why did I choose each of these?
Here’s a quick breakdown of why each one of these offroad hoverboards made the cut, and this should help you decide which one is best for you.
- Halo Rover X: The best all-around offroad hoverboard, but also the priciest
- EPIKGO Classic: A runner-up to the Halo Rover X worth considering.
- Gyroor Warrior:: Sitting in the mid-range and good for the whole family.
- Gyroor T581: A cheaper option from Gyroor ideal for kids.
- XPRIT All Terrain: A super budget option.
Out-of-Stock Offroad Hoverboards to Keep an Eye On
Because offroading hoverboards are so popular, some of the best ones are almost always sold out. I’ll update this space as they become available again, but here are some of the best offroading overboards that are currently unavailable:
- Swagtron T6 Outlaw: This heavy duty hoverboard with 10″ wheels is considered a leader in the market and has the highest weight limit of any hoverboard, at 420 pounds, and also the fastest hoverboard, at 12 MPH.
- Hover-1 Beast: Here’s another beast with 10″ wheels for ya, from reputable brand Hover-1
- Streetsaw RockSaw and StabilitySaw: Two more offroad hoverboards from yet another big-name brand.
Offroad Hoverboard Reviews
Now let’s take a closer look at each of the five best and most powerful hoverboards out there. Note that all five of these come with Bluetooth speakers, LED lights, and a mobile app, so I won’t mention that feature for each one. All of these boards are also UL 2272 safety certified.
TOMOLOO Hoverboard Off Road
Frequently chosen as the best offroad hoverboard on the market, the TOMOLOO Hoverboard Off Road has pretty much everything going for it. This is the signature hoverboard from Halo Board, a brand that focuses on doing one thing right instead of putting out lots of different boards.
Let’s take a closer look at what makes this powerful all-terrain hoverboard the cream of the crop, or see my dedicated TOMOLOO Hoverboard Off Road review.
- Speeds of up to 15 Miles per Hour
- Robust 8.5″ wheels
- 350W dual motors (combined 800W)
- Training modes for beginner, normal, and advanced
- Weight limit: 265 Pounds
- Board weight: 32 lbs (15 kg)
- Can climb inclines up to 20°
- Battery life: 10 miles
- Charging time: 2.5 hours
The TOMOLOO Hoverboard Off Road is without a doubt one of the most robust, powerful, and reliable offroad hoverboards available today. A powerful 800W combined motor allows this hoverboard to handle a variety of terrains.
This board can handle riders up to 260 pounds in weight and even go up hills of up to 20 degrees. The hoverboard maxes out at a comendable 10 MPH; only a few hoverboards out there can go even faster.
What’s more, the board comes with three training modes, make it suitable for riders of all levels, even children or teens, and has special aluminum protective wings above the wheels to prevent damage.
Finally, unlike other off-road hoverboards, the Halo Rover X comes in four color choices: black, white, pink, and blue.
It’s hard to say anything bad about the TOMOLOO Hoverboard Off Road. But of course, to get these features and quality, you’ll have to pay for it. This is the most expensive offroad hoverboard on my list, at the time of writing.
- Powerful 700W motor
- Super fast (10 MPH)
- Capable of climbing 20-degree inclines
- Aluminum protective wings
- 3 training modes
- Top rated and loved by users
- Comes in four different colors
- Quite expensive
- Quite heavy, so not ideal for young kids
Second on my list is the EPIKGO, another heavy duty all terrain hoverboard. It is comparable to the HALO Rover X on many levels, with a slightly cheaper price tag.
Let’s see how they compare:
- Speeds of up to 10 MPH (16 km/hr)
- Robust 8.5″ wheels
- 400W dual motors (combined 800W)
- Weight limit: 44-240 lbs (20-109 kg)
- Board weight: 31 lbs (14 kg)
- Can climb inclines up to 18°
- Battery life: 10 miles
- Charging time: 2 hours
Glancing at the above specs and picture of the EPIKGO, you’ll notice right away that is is in many ways very similar to the Halo Rover X, making the EPIKGO one of the former board’s top competitors. Like the Halo Rover X, this board has a 800W motor, robust 8.5″ wheels, max 10 MPH speed, protective wheels, and a similar weight limit.
The EPIKGO also beats the Halo Rover X just slightly when it comes to charging time, taking only up to two hours to fully charge. The final selling point is that this worthy competitor has a price tag lower than the Halo Rover X, so it’s definitely an alternative worth considering.
As one of the best heavy duty hoverboards out there, the EPIKGO performs well in all areas. However, unlike the Halo Rover X, it lacks different training modes. Coupled with its heavy size (just one pound lighter than the Halo), this hoverboard is not a suitable option for very young kids. Moreover, even though it’s slightly cheaper than the HALO, it is by no means a cheap hoverboard.
- Powerful 800W motor
- Super fast 10 MPH
- Cheaper alternative to Halo Rover X
- Capable of climbing 18-degree inclines
- Quite heavy, so not ideal for young kids
- Doesn’t have training modes
Gyroor Hoverboard Off Road All Terrain
With a nice finish, this hoverboard from Gyroor displays very well and provides a stylish ride for great experience and fun. Many great features are included to increase the fun factor and make it a versatile hoverboard to ride on all the time.
- Speeds of up to 9.95 MPH (16 km/hr)
- Robust 8.5″ wheels
- 350W dual motors (combined 700W)
- Weight limit: 44-265 lbs (20-120 kg)
- Super cool and colorful LED lights are included to add to the display and fun factor of this hoverboard
- The large wheels included make it easy to ride on even rough surfaces to improve the riding experience for everyone
- Equipped with lights in the foot paddles makes this hoverboard easy to see in the dark for safety and fun
- To further add to the safety feature of this hoverboard, it comes with safety approval for the highest standards
- It is also suitable to be used by kids and adults with the powerful motors included to provide a high maximum load capacity
- You can easily cruise at 8 miles per hour on this nicely manufactured hoverboard
The powerful dual motors of 250 watts each will help to carry up to 220 pounds easily, so even larger people will benefit from it. In conjunction with the large wheels, you can easily and smoothly ride on gravel and sandy roads for a better experience and more fun.
With the large storage capacity of this battery, you will be able to have a lot of fun with all the fun features included. You will be able to travel at a nice 8 miles with a full charge of the battery for those speed freaks out there.
All the fun can be experienced with nice music playing over the built-in speakers.
While the Gyroor Warrior’s specs are almost u
For those people who want a variety of colors to choose from, this will be a disappointment with only the blue one available. It is made with a nice finish, and the color makes it show off nicely, but this will take away some of the fun.
The footpads of this hoverboard do not come with a non-slip feature to keep you safe on the board, which is a bummer because you need to be safe while riding on rough surfaces with your hoverboard.
- Excellent specs for a more reasonable price
- Very fast (9.95 MPH)
- Capable of climbing a 30-degree angle
- SLong charge capacity from the battery
- A smart app included for easy connectivity
- Can be used on different road surfaces
- Sturdy and durable design to last longer
- It is available in only one color
- Footpads are not made with a non-slip feature
Swagtron Swagboard Warrior XL Off-Road
Swagging is what you will do while riding around the neighborhood on this beautifully manufactured hoverboard. If you want to ride high, this is the hoverboard with fun and style included in just one package for your convenience.
- The large wheels included on this hoverboard makes it a true all-terrain, fun riding board
- With a maximum load capacity of up to 220 pounds, it will carry even larger people with ease
- Powerful dual motors provide up to 600 watts of power to play around with this board
- A Lifepo battery protection option will help to improve overall battery life for a long time
- Extra-large space on the board will easily accommodate large feet because that is what the XL stands for
- Safety features are included in this hoverboard to protect the rider from harm while using it
This hoverboard is made for the swaggers out there, with up to 30 synced LED lights included with this hoverboard. It also comes with large ultra-bright LED headlights to add to the fun and show-off factor of the board.
This is a safe ride with many safety features included, such as the non-flammable and explosion battery-proofing. The footpads also come with a nice grip factor to keep you safe while riding on the board.
Another great thing is the high load capacity of up to 220 pounds this hoverboard will carry. This means that it is suitable for kids, teens, and most adults.
All the great features, the large size, and the large dual motors make this board quite heavy. For this reason, it cannot be used by smaller children and weaker adults to experience all the nice features included with the hoverboard.
It will also not be easy to assemble this board to have it ready for use by anyone with no technical savvy. Also, the battery of this hoverboard does not last very long on a full charge, so you have only a short time to ride it.
It will take 45 minutes to drain the battery and will then have to be charged again for the next ride.
- Top-quality materials used for construction
- A well-balanced hoverboard for a smooth ride
- Comes with a reasonable price tag
- Easy to use and control while riding it, even for beginners
- Less powerful
- Not ideal for adults or heavier riders
- It is a bit on the heavy side
- Does not have a long battery life so short ride time
XPRIT All Terrain
Hello, value! The XPRIT might just be the cheapest off road hoverboard out there. While it sits at the bare minimum for what is required of a hoverboard to be considered all terrain-capable, this nevertheless opens the door for hoverboarders constrained by a low budget.
So, what will you have to give up to get this super low price? Let’s see:
- Speeds of up to 6 MPH (10 km/hr)
- Robust 8.5″ wheels
- 250W dual motors (combined 500W)
- Weight limit: 32-198 lbs (15-90 kg)
- Board weight: 29 lbs (13 kg)
- Can climb inclines of up to 15°
- Battery life: 6 miles
- Charging time: 2-3 hours
- Three speed modes
The main reason you’ll want to consider the XPRIT All Terrain hoverboard is its super low price. It’s almost unheard of to see an off road hoverboard for under $200.
Moreover, the board comes with 8.5″ wheels, three speed modes, and an OK charging time of 2-3 hours (other hoverboards at this price tend to take longer).
The XPRIT’s motor is 500W, which is really the bare minimum needed to consider a hoverboard to be all terrain. Kids will still be able to take it on a variety of surfaces, but adults may struggle to do that, not to mention that it won’t be able to handle steeper inclines.
The upper recommended weight is the lowest on this list, but unlike the Gyroor T581, this hoverboard is still quite heavy at nearly 30 pounds. The battery life on this board is pretty short, and it can only reach speeds of 6 MPH, about on par with most cheap children’s hoverboards.
- Extremely cheap for an off road hoverboard
- Decent charging time considering price
- Decent option for kids
- Three speed modes
- Least powerful on this list
- Not ideal for adults
- Only comes in black or white
- Short battery life
Other Questions about Off Road Hoverboards
Here are some other questions answered about off-road hoverboards and their capabilities.
Can offroad hoverboards ride on sand?
Have you ever tried running on sand? If so, you know that it is not easy. Similarly, offroad hoverboards may struggle on lose, deep, dry sand, such as on a beach. The more powerful the offroad hoverboard and the larger the wheels, the better it will be able to handle it.
Damp or wet sand is a different story. Being much more compact, even cheaper offroad hoverboards should be able to ride on it.
Can offroad hoverboards ride on snow?
Do you remember at the beginning of the article when I said there were some exceptions to what offroad hoverboards can ride on? Well, snow is one of them. While most offroad hoverboards are weather-sealed and can handle some rain or water, these machines simply weren’t designed to handle extreme cold or snow. The snow can get into parts you don’t want it to and cause damage to your board.
How much is an offroad hoverboard?
If you’ve clicked on some of the links in this article, you’ll have noted that the price of them ranges from around $180 at the low end to $500 at the upper end. You are unlikely to find anything cheaper than that, but you can surely find hoverboards out there that are more expensive, reach $600 or even $1000 dollars.
For reference, the cheapest hoverboards in the world go for around $100, while most children’s hoverboards (non-offroading hoverboards) are between $100 and $200.
The Final Verdict
Choosing the best off road hoverboard for you is an important decision that should be carefully made. These powerful hoverboard’s certainly aren’t cheap. For kids, you don’t want it to be too powerful, while for adults, you don’t want to cheap out and get one that won’t perform well on all terrain.
Adult riders should definitely go for the Halo Rover X or EPIKGO if they can afford it. The Gyroor is a cheaper alternative that performs nearly as well and is suitable for kids and adults. On a budget, go for the Gyroor or XPRIT All Terrain, but these two options are really only best for kids.